- Be punctual for the test and the event as well.
- Check your image and audio in advance.
- Mute yourself when entering. Only unmute when talking.
- Don’t turn off your camera during the test or the event.
- Don’t leave the meeting without consultation.
- Use a wired internet connection.
- Check your bandwidth in advance: www.speedtest.net
- Up-/ Download > 5Mbit/s optimal, less speed would have a negative impact on the transmission.
- Camera at eye-level. Head should be in the upper-third of the picture.
- Use folders or books in order to adjust the height.
- When using your smartphonecamera, use it in landscapemode.
- Choose a calm, tidy background…
- or use a digital background.
- Use a desk lamp.
- Switch on your room light.
- Sit infront of a window (without direct sunlight hitting you).
- Avoid back light (never sit infront of a light source).
- Sit in a calm area.
- Use a headset (wired) or conference telephone.
- If the office is small, the device microphone can be used (most of the time).
- Uniformly coloured.
- Combine a maximum of two different colours.
- Avoid strong patterns or no contrasts. (e.g. no fine stripes, small squares or dots. A white shirt in front of a white background leads to a low contrast.).
These are recommendations.